Massage may be the oldest and simplest form of alternative care; in fact, Egyptian tomb paintings show people being massaged. Massage was one of the principal methods of relieving pain for Greek and Roman physicians. Massage is now used in intensive care units, for children, the elderly , babies in incubators and patients with cancer, AIDS, heart attacks, or strokes. The advantage of massage is endless, it is not only used for therapy, but for relaxation as well.
Anew U Spa offers Relaxation Massage, Deep Tissue Massage, Reflexology, Craniosacral Therapy, Jade Stone Massage, and Pregnancy Massage
Relaxation massage is the use of superficial techniques to relieve tension and stress throughout the body. With warm, fluid movement you will feel your worries and stress slip away; leaving you feeling light and rejuvinated.
Benefits of Relaxation Massage
- Effective in reducing or managing pain
- Increase circulation
- Decrease blood pressure
- Increase lymph flow - removing toxins
- Decrease stress levels, anxiety and depression
- Improves immune system functioning
- Promotes a healthy pregnancy by relaxing tense muscles
Deep Tissue Massage:
Deep tissue massage is a more vigorous and specialized form of massage therapy. Therapeutic techniques are used to get to the core of musculo-skeletal aches and pains. The use of a deeper pressure allows the therapist to realign muscle fibers and flush out the toxins that are commonly referred to as knots. This therapy provides rehabilitation and helps restore movement, allowing you to move freely through your busy schedule.
Benefits of Deep Tissue Massage
- Flushes pain-causing metabolites from muscle tissue
- Breaks down scar tissue, increasing joint range of motion
- Relieves adhesions in muscles, tendons and ligaments
- Decreases tension built up in muscles from over-use and stress
The theory of Reflexology involves the application of gentle pressure to the reflex points located on all parts of the feet. These points relate to the internal organs, glands, and all structures of the body.
The feet reflect, and are a mirror of, the body. Pressure on reflex points can therefore affect and normalize the functioning of the body. Through reflexology the body’s natural ability to heal itself is stimulated and health can be restored. Everyone can enjoy the benefits that reflexology offers.
The Benefits of Reflexology:
Induces a deep sense of relaxation
- Relieves stress and tension
- Improves circulation
- Balances blood pressure
- Eases aches and pains by relaxing the musculature
- Improves mobility of joints
- Detoxifies and cleanses the body of impurities and toxins
- Encourages the expulsion of mucus
- Calms overactivity or stimulates underactivity in any part of the body
- Adjusts emotional imbalances
- Stimulates mental function and helps induce increased concentration
CST is a gentle, hands-on method of evaluating and enhancing the functioning of a physiological body system called the craniosacral system - comprised of the membranes and cerebrospinal fluid that surround and protect the brain and spinal cord.
Using a soft touch generally no greater than 5 grams, or about the weight of a nickel, practitioners release restrictions in the craniosacral system to improve the functioning of the central nervous system.
By complementing the body's natural healing processes, CST is increasingly used as a preventive health measure for its ability to bolster resistance to disease, and is effective for a wide range of medical problems associated with pain and dysfunction, including:
- Migraine Headaches
- Chronic Neck and Back Pain
- Motor-Coordination Impairments
- Central Nervous System Disorders
- Orthopedic Problems
- Traumatic Brain and Spinal Cord Injuries
- Infantile Disorders
- Learning Disabilities
- Chronic Fatigue
- Emotional Difficulties
- Stress and Tension-Related Problems
- Fibromyalgia and other Connective-Tissue Disorders
- Temporomandibular Joint Syndrome (TMJ)
- Neurovascular or Immune Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Post-Surgical Dysfunction
Jade is one of the oldest stones known, (historical references trace jade to about 4000 BC). There are two types of Jade – Nephrite and Jadeite. Nephrite is the type used for Jade Stone Massage, the stones are nonporous and do not harbour bacteria. Jade stone massage combines the benefits of hydrotherapy and thermotherapy; one massage stroke with a heated stone is equivalent to seven strokes with your hands. Chilled stones are 80 time more poweful than heated stones. Jade stone massage promotes relaxation & vitality while releasing toxins and inflamation.
Pregnancy or pre-natal massage uses the same techniques as regular massage therapy. The main differences are that the mother is positioned and supported using pillows or cushions to ensure the comfort of the mother and baby, and that deeper pressure and certain areas are avoided.
Pregnancy massage can be preformed safely at any time during the pregnancy.
Benefits of pregnancy massage include:
- Reduced stress
- Decreased swelling of the arms and legs
- Decreased pain – especially low back pain associated with many pregnancies